This year, treat your family to an unforgettable Christmas dinner with one of these 10 unique holiday recipes.
1) The French-inspired Christmas dinner — try a ham or turkey with haute cuisine twists like truffle butter and black pepper cranberry sauce . For dessert, impress everyone by serving gingerbread cheesecake , which is light and delicious. Top it off with s’mores mousse for a sweet ending.
2) A Southern-style feast will delight guests as they enjoy fried chicken served on homemade biscuits topped with honeyed collard greens , cornbread stuffing and deliciously spiced giblet gravy . Keep it classic with pumpkin pie or go all out and make sweet potato lavender pie , which features a creamy center and is topped with a pretty purple and white striped whipped cream swirl.
3) The Italians do Christmas dinner right, and this year it’s time to try their signature dish: lasagna ! Serve this classic with meatballs , green beans sauteed in garlic and olive oil, garlicky oven-roasted potatoes and Italian onion pie .
4) Enjoy Hawaiian-style luau food by serving kalua pig (pork roasted in an underground pit), macaroni salad , baked sweet potatoes topped with butter and grilled pineapple for dessert. For drinks, whip up piña coladas or tropical teas served in bright tiki glasses that your guests will love!
5) Go all out this year by showing off your skills in the kitchen as you prepare a Thanksgiving dinner for Christmas. Start with roasted butternut squash soup , then move on to turkey with classic stuffing and mashed potatoes. Top it all off with pumpkin pie or sweet potato pecan pie .
6) For a delicious twist to your holiday menu, try a Mexican fiesta meal. Serve enchiladas verdes made with green tomatillo sauce, chilaquiles , Spanish rice and refried beans . Finish the meal by serving apple empanadas filled with cinnamon-spiced apples and vanilla ice cream for dessert. Yum!
7) Spice up your dinner this year by having an Indian-inspired feast instead of traditional American food. Prepared lamb rogan josh , spicy Chettinad chicken, aloo gobi and naan. For a sweet ending, Indian rice pudding made with basmati rice, whole milk, sugar and ground cardamom.
8) You can never go wrong with serving a beef tenderloin for Christmas dinner this year — it’s full of flavor and is easy to prepare. Serve it with roasted carrots , green beans almondine, garlic mashed potatoes and artichoke stuffed sole served in a lemon butter sauce. Finish the meal off by serving English Christmas pudding for dessert.
9) Have a barbecue at your house complete with ribs smoked all day long! To accompany the meat, serve potato salad, baked beans and cornbread. For something sweet, make homemade ice cream sandwiches or chocolate chip cookies for a scrumptious treat.
10) A delicious meal wouldn’t be complete without serving seafood at your Christmas dinner table this year. Try lobster tails with drawn butter , clam chowder, and lobster macaroni and cheese. For a sweet finish to the evening, serve a strawberry shortcake or Boston cream pie.