Sam Bankman Fried is a serial entrepreneur, a distinguished academic and an outspoken advocate for decentralised finance. He founded the leading crypto derivatives exchange, FTX, and is also the founder of Alameda Research, one of the largest market makers in cryptocurrency markets. Here are 10 things you may not have known about Sam Bankman Fried:
1. Sam studied at Harvard University where he received his PhD in political economy.
2. His first job after graduating from Harvard was working as a portfolio manager in quantitative strategies at Citadel Investment Group LLC.
3. In 2019, Sam became CEO of FTX Exchange, now one of the world’s largest crypto derivatives exchanges with over $2 billion USD average daily trading volume (ADTV).
4. He is an active member of the blockchain and crypto community, speaking at events such as Token Summit III, Blockstack Summit 2019 and Ethereum Europe in 2018.
5. Sam has been listed on “30 under 30” lists by both Forbes and CoinDesk.
6. He is a strong advocate for decentralised finance (DeFi) and believes that DeFi will democratise financial services around the world.
7. In 2020, he was invested in over 60 projects, ranging from CryptoKitties to MakerDAO.
8. Sam launched Alameda Research to provide liquidity in Asian markets through quantitative trading strategies and market making algorithms built with technology developed within FTX Exchange.
9. The company has grown to become one of the largest liquidity providers in the cryptocurrency space today.
10. Sam’s commitment to financial inclusion and decentralisation has earned him respect both within and outside the industry, as he is often seen championing new ideas and pushing boundaries when it comes to crypto finance. Through his work with FTX Exchange, Alameda Research and other projects, Sam is helping to shape the future of digital asset markets around the world.
By getting to know more about Sam Bankman Fried, we can see how his commitment to innovation and progress is making an impact on how people access financial services globally. His success story shows that with hard work and dedication, anything is possible in this rapidly evolving space!