Billie Eilish is one of the most popular and talented young musicians in the world today. She first gained global recognition with her song “Ocean Eyes” which went viral on social media. Since then, she has released a number of successful singles and albums including “Bad Guy” and “When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?”
Eilish is known for her unique style of music which blends elements of pop, hip-hop, and electronic dance music. She is also known for her eccentric fashion sense which often features oversized hoodies and baggy clothes.
Here are 15 secrets about Billie Eilish that you probably didn’t know:
1. Eilish was born on December 18th, 2001, making her a Sagittarius.
2. Her full name is Billie Eilish Pirate Baird O’Connell.
3. She has four siblings, all of whom are involved in the music industry in some way.
4. Eilish’s parents were both professional actors and her mother used to be a model.
5. Eilish began writing songs when she was just 11 years old.
6. “Ocean Eyes” was originally written for her dance class but she decided to upload it to SoundCloud after her brother urged her to do so.
7. The song went viral almost immediately and has since been streamed over 175 million times on Spotify.
8. Eilish is the first artist born in the 2000s to have a number one single on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
9. She is also the youngest person to ever be nominated for a Grammy Award in the category of Best New Artist.
10. In 2019, Eilish was named Time Magazine’s “Entertainer of the Year”.
11. She has amassed a large social media following with over 30 million followers on Instagram and nearly 10 million subscribers on YouTube.
12. Eilish has said that she wants to be known for her music rather than her looks and has therefore never posed for a traditional photo shoot.
13. In March of 2020, Eilish announced that she would be taking an indefinite hiatus from social media.
14. In May of 2020, Eilish announced that she had signed a deal with Reebok to design her own line of sneakers.
15. Eilish has stated that she wants to use her platform to raise awareness about mental health and has been an outspoken advocate for destigmatizing mental illness.